Jane Austen (1775 – 1817) was an English novelist known for her six major novels, which interpret, critique, and observe the British elite of the late 18th and early 19th century and the dependent roles of women in society. Northanger Abbey was published alongside Persuasion, just months after her death in 1817.
Join the millions of dedicated readers who have made Jane Austen one of the most beloved romantic novelists. Austen’s biting use of irony, witty realism, and social commentary have earned her worldwide acclaim among critics and scholars for over two hundred years. Her works have been reproduced in writing, film, television, and theater for decades, and she is widely considered the original romantic female novelist in English literature.
The Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen Edition is a beautiful and unique edition, with detailed historical annotation and a biography of Jane Austen. It is ideal for collectors, admirers of Jane Austen novels, and enthusiasts of great classic literature.
- Part of a 6-volume Jane Austen series including Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Persuasion.
Why The Vikings Classics Edition is Unique:
- The Original 1818 Publication, complete with original volumes
- Historical Annotation and Biography of the Author by Charlotte Davis
- Spelling and grammar are carefully edited, improved, and considered to preserve the original manuscript and provide a seamless reading experience.
- Beautiful, hand-designed cover for ebooks, paperback, and hardcovers.
- Makes an excellent gift for students, teens, and adults.