Sense and Sensibility
Jane Austen revolutionized literary romance, using it as a stage to interpret, critique, and explore issues of gender inequality, class consciousness, and the dependence of women on marriage in the pursuit of favorable social standing and economic security. A theme that was unheard of at her time. For over two hundred years since her death, her biting use of irony, witty realism, and social commentary have earned her worldwide acclaim among critics and scholars alike, selling over 30 million copies of her works. She is widely considered one of the most influential writers ever.
Why Vikings Classics Editions are Unique:
- Complete, Unabridged Special Editions with all original volumes
- Affordable, lightweight, easy to carry classic novels for everyone
- Spelling and grammar are carefully edited to preserve the original manuscript and provide a seamless reading experience.
- Historical Annotation and Biography by Charlotte Davis
- Beautiful, hand-designed covers for ebooks, paperback, and hardcovers.
- Makes an excellent gift for students, teens, and adults.